Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ritc

Options
anyone have a RTIC soft cooler
Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Not yet....  I like their top design better than the yeti design. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I agree as well. So much better than yeti. Right @Lit ?? =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I don't like the footprint.  Would just get a square rotomold instead.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I would never buy the Yeti purse or the Rtic soft side. The polar bears are cheaper and proven quality. Like Ozzie said above if they have the same footprint why would you ever get a soft side atleast you can take a seat on the rotomold. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    "Yeti purse." LOL
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lit said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I would never buy the Yeti purse or the Rtic soft side. The polar bears are cheaper and proven quality. Like Ozzie said above if they have the same footprint why would you ever get a soft side atleast you can take a seat on the rotomold. 
    Sincerely not trying to be argumentative..yet I have a RITC 30 on order that 'should' slip inside my Pelican 55Qt beside an upright standing bag of ice. The rotomold will hold the fish (if we're lucky) while the other will be set aside for everything else or kept in the Pelican (if we are or not). I also plan on using the soft side to keep meat frozen (in the RITC) inside the iced down Pelican. My last hope is to separate approx. 40 lb. of  fresh whitefish filets (annual trip from the dock; 6 hour plus trip minimum) placed in the rotomold while hauling everything else in the soft side (easily shaped to whatever space is left). 

Yet in all honesty?..I have no idea if any of this will work out as planned (as far as I know; nobody else has one either at this time).

In my youth, I rarely worried about throwing my fish in the cooler (never would ice down or carry two anyways) and threw heavy coolers around like they were nothing. I'm hoping that this wheeled Pelican and RITC soft side will solve my evolving appreciation for proper meat storage and a decent back.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I like the footprint of the Hopper. Easy to put in the floorboard between the front and rear seats of the car. 
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lit said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Main reason, for me is less storage space (collapsible and can be stored inside of hardshell coolers).  Let's face it, over 90% of its life will be taking up shelf space in the garage and not being used as a cooler.