Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New table and Large BGE

Hey guys. I just put together my new large BGE. Do y'all think it is okay to just use the BGE table nest, or do I need to use a paver as well?

Comments

• jabamjabam Posts: 1,782
    Welcome aboard! Table nest is fine. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,399
    Congrats, I like the table nest look.
    Seattle, WA
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,119
    Nice looking table and dog. The table nest will be fine. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jll0004Jll0004 Posts: 29
    Should the egg have any 'wiggle room'? It doesn't move much, but it does have some movement. Does that sound right? 
  • bhedges1987bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Nice setup!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Great setup! Welcome

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,119
    Jll0004 said:
    Should the egg have any 'wiggle room'? It doesn't move much, but it does have some movement. Does that sound right? 
    Sounds right to me. I would just keep an eye on it for a while and make sure the wood isn't getting too hot. 

Sounds like you will be ok though. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Sweet100sSweet100s Posts: 425
    If you have a laser thermometer,  check the temperature of the middle part of the wood  at the end of your cook.   

Anything under xxx degrees F is probably ok. 
    Where xxx = ?  200 ?