Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking your filet on the hot stone........and it were good!

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited March 2016 in Off Topic
I had a neat dinning experience while traveling out in Burbank CA this week. Now this may be common to many of you folk who live in more progressive states (SC for me), but was a first time experience for me. I went to a restaurant across the street from my hotel with some work mates. We had all passed this establishment over many times as we headed out for dinner. I ordered the filet which came on a very hot stone. The 14 ounce filet was cut in a very nice ball shape, and arrived seared (and branded with the restaurant logo) on the outside. It was served with lightly fried Brussels Sprouts and three very interesting sauces. As you cut the steak into pieces, you cook the raw meat to your preference on the hot stone. It wasn't cooking on the egg, but I enjoyed the opportunity while being away from home. I found a nice cab and they had live music.....it made for a great overall experience. I wish my wife was traveling with me, but not this time.

If you have an opportunity....to try this type of restaurant.....I recommend it. I had a blast. Thanks for reading.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments