Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's see your best single shot...

Options

Comments

• KermitTheEgg
    KermitTheEgg Posts: 39
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Blackened Blue Cheese Sliders
    Thank you.

Q
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Columbia, Missouri - Family Man and Bourbon Drinker

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” 

Mark Twain

• KermitTheEgg
    Options
    Thank you.

Q
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Mark Twain

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @KermitTheEgg - great pics and burger but...life is too short for lite/light beer  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KermitTheEgg
    Options
    Thank you, I prefer a nice bourbon or some Founders, but Lite will always be my go to everyday beer.  @lousubcap

Thank you.

Q

Mark Twain

• lousubcap
    Options
    Going with a chuck short rib cook today-duration, cow dependent.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Workin' the butts today

Little Rock, AR

• Haws72688
    Haws72688 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hot smoked Jalapeno bacon. Very much a work in progress.

Grand Rapids, MI
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    I love that BGE shot, @KermitTheEgg !
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @Haws72688 what is this magical jalapeño bacon?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    An overnight cook.  My 3rd brisket (15.5 lbs).  I'm hoping to finally get to eat some.  The first 2 went to pot luck meals for a gathering of old friends.  The left overs each time wouldn't half fill a sandwich baggie.  Used a simple rub of S & P and added a little crushed red pepper.  Haven't added the pepper before but thought it might add a little extra umph.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @FarmerTom after all the anxiety of your first brisket, you've taken to it like a duck to water. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @FarmerTom - definitely lookin' like a winner.  Great bark.  Glad you will get to enjoy and I'm sure the pepper will enhance the flavor.  And you are cranking out the briskets.  Most enjoyable cook you can have on the BGE-just an opinion...  
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    @FarmerTom after all the anxiety of your first brisket, you've taken to it like a duck to water. 
    And I owe it all to the good folks here on this forum.  Had that first one been for here at home, I wouldn't have worried so much.  But when a bunch of friends were counting on eating brisket, I was a bit nervous.  You came to my rescue and guided me through a rough night of weather to be egging my first one. Thanks again to all.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Reverse seared Parmesan encrusted Costco NY strips 1.5+ inches thick
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Getting a bed of coals ready for some caveman steaks... 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Just posted to another thread. Same cook, different shot. The rib side of a spatch'd duck, just flipped for skin crisping.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @hapster -  the originator of the caveman cook method here-and I am a serious participant.  Thank you for showing me the light.  I know the cook and pics will be over the top.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    Teaser for @SRFShane ....

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Chopped brisket for chili... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Just posted to another thread. Same cook, different shot. The rib side of a spatch'd duck, just flipped for skin crisping.

So would that be 'spatchquack'
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Balsamic reduction. Distracted by cooking and booze. 

• ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    Options
    Good one, Jason!

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    @theyolksonyou I made a turbinado, molasses,  and balsamic reduction, not as bad as yours, but I had the sugar and molasses nice and liquidy and poured cold balsamic in.  Looked like a volcano with huge frozen bubbles of sugar.  Took another 30 minutes to get it back.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac sometimes you should either cook inside or outside, not both.  Had the fryer and egg going outside. Stove got away. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    My favorite single shots......Springfield M6 Scout .22LR/.410
  • blind99
    Options
    @henapple brisket chili... Doesn't get better than that 

@Hans61 dear lord please send me some of those steaks. I would die happy. 

@hapster beautiful glowing embers. I want a poster of that!

Buddy and I ate an entire bag of shishito peppers tonight. Kids got drumsticks, hotdogs and burgers and we had some delicious flank steak. Love those peppers. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    GregW said:
    lousubcap said:
    @GregW - fortunately for me the Costco here sells them fully laid out so I didn't get confused with the jelly roll presentation.  I would go with the unrolled (don't have any experience with any other style) cook.  But that said, they go quickly and are not uniform in thickness-at least those I have found. FWIW-
    Thanks, I think the rolled up kind got me off on the wrong path. Seeing them rolled up made me think that was the best way to cook them.
    I'm thinking that it might even work to cut it up and put it on skewers.

I think there are many ways to do it that will yield better results that what I did.
    @GregW   I posted this comment in the what are you doing now thread to Lits picture.  Next time, try unrolling them.  

Hey @Lit  I have got those a few times now.  This is the way I like them best:
    Unwrap them form the butcher twine and lay them out. Salt and pepper them.  On the egg at 225 to 100F with some oak, then reverse sear as close to the coals as possible to desired temp - they go fast because they are usually a bit thin. Super rich cut. Unwrapping them and getting the additional crust really worked well for me.
    ... Try it if you think you will enjoy.  I did them once all tied, and we liked them 2x as much untied. If you try it, let me know what you think. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    GregW said:
    lousubcap said:
    @GregW - fortunately for me the Costco here sells them fully laid out so I didn't get confused with the jelly roll presentation.  I would go with the unrolled (don't have any experience with any other style) cook.  But that said, they go quickly and are not uniform in thickness-at least those I have found. FWIW-
    Thanks, I think the rolled up kind got me off on the wrong path. Seeing them rolled up made me think that was the best way to cook them.
    I'm thinking that it might even work to cut it up and put it on skewers.

I think there are many ways to do it that will yield better results that what I did.
    @GregW   I posted this comment in the what are you doing now thread to Lits picture.  Next time, try unrolling them.  

Hey @Lit  I have got those a few times now.  This is the way I like them best:
    Unwrap them form the butcher twine and lay them out. Salt and pepper them.  On the egg at 225 to 100F with some oak, then reverse sear as close to the coals as possible to desired temp - they go fast because they are usually a bit thin. Super rich cut. Unwrapping them and getting the additional crust really worked well for me.
    ... Try it if you think you will enjoy.  I did them once all tied, and we liked them 2x as much untied. If you try it, let me know what you think. 

That sounds like an excellent way to go. I will definitely try the next ones this way.
    Thanks
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Here's my best single shot from yesterday. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• blind99
    Options
    @Doc_Eggerton nice shot doc! Did you get the redcoat?!