Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware Grill light

Options
Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
So as some if you may recall matt from Smokeware sent me a few goodies after my issue with one of his thermometers. Between work travel and 2 socks kids I have been out of commission. I was finally able to install the grill light. I cooked pizza last night in the pitch black dark. Took a pic of the light doing it thing. This was a multitier pizza cook. Had the top one been lower in some the light would be right in middle of pie. The cool thing about this light is it has to sets of bulbs. One that shins down on your grate and one that shines sideways and illuminates your workspace. Great product and I reccommend for anyone who needs some quick lighting. Thanks again Matt from Smokeware! 
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    I have one and it works great!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I run one of these on my Mini Max. Makes a world of difference when traveling. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I received one for Christmas and I can't decide which egg to put it on. BTW you realize the light is the same one Harbor Freight puts on sale regularly for like 3 bucks. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    I have one also and can vouch that it works well. As @td66snrf noted - it is the same as the light Harbor Freight sells sans bracket.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    I received one for Christmas and I can't decide which egg to put it on. BTW you realize the light is the same one Harbor Freight puts on sale regularly for like 3 bucks. 
    Not aware but no problem here. It was sent as a "gift" from Matt from Smokeware as a thank you for being a customer and sorry about the issue with thermometer. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • td66snrf
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    td66snrf said:
    Not aware but no problem here. It was sent as a "gift" from Matt from Smokeware as a thank you for being a customer and sorry about the issue with thermometer. 
    Just wanted to let you know in the event you had to replace it. I didn't mean to come across as it's a bad thing. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Don't forget and leave it out in the rain.  Not that I know anyone that would do that.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • td66snrf
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Chubbs said:
    td66snrf said:
    Just wanted to let you know in the event you had to replace it. I didn't mean to come across as it's a bad thing. 
    I should have added that I have  the grate racks on my  XL, LBE, and  Medium and love them. Google grate racks and see what shows up.