Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Joe vs BGE

Options
gmoor6
gmoor6 Posts: 22
Kamado Joe vs BGE

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It's a little late on a Friday for this...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    BGE vs Kamado Joe
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,218
    Options
    I love when the KMJoe forum trolls us!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I love when the KMJoe forum trolls us!
    Exactly my thinking. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

To rich for my blood.  A whole 12 pk :angry: !  

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

What's next - go to a CHEVY site and ask if they prefer FORDS?

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,800
    Options
    gmoor6 said:
    Kamado Joe vs BGE
    I will give a honest answer to this. It's a dead even tie. One will not do anything that the other can not replicate to the tee. In all honesty, the biggest difference is one is red and one is green. Short of that, it's a crap shoot. I own and use both, thus I'm giving a unbiased and honest answer.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    gmoor6 said:
    Kamado Joe vs BGE
    I will give a honest answer to this. It's a dead even tie. One will not do anything that the other can not replicate to the tee. In all honesty, the biggest difference is one is red and one is green. Short of that, it's a crap shoot. I own and use both, thus I'm giving a unbiased and honest answer.  
    Damn Scottie, just when it could get all revved up for ridiculous reasons, you pulled the plug.  Laughing my brother.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    SGH said:
    gmoor6 said:
    Kamado Joe vs BGE
    Now you know green cooks better. It's SCIENCE!
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Damn Scottie, just when it could get all revved up for ridiculous reasons, you pulled the plug.  Laughing my brother.
    Brother Brent, when I remember to take my medication and have a few drinks to boot, I tend to act more civil. I'm pretty sedated tonight so the liberals, Yetitards and dumba$$es in general get a free pass. However tomorrow night they won't be so lucky my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Now you know green cooks better. It's SCIENCE!
    The only problem is science changes its mind more than the democrats =)

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Brother Brent, when I remember to take my medication and have a few drinks to boot, I tend to act more civil. I'm pretty sedated tonight so the liberals, Yetitards and dumba$$es in general get a free pass. However tomorrow night they won't be so lucky my friend ;)
    That is what I look forward to my friend.  Forgive me for not piling on then but I'll be gone for a week without the ability to participate.  Please fill in for me brother.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    BGE is asthetically superior IMO. Though  I haven't checked out their forum, I'm willing to bet it isn't as good as this one. BGE forum is superior to the brethren forum in my opinion. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• gmoor6
    Options
    I own the XL BGE for the record!!!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    gmoor6 said:
    So you have buyers remorse?  Why the question?  I hope you enjoy your XL, it's a beast.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I own both, plus others. The food quality is exactly the same. Howver, the BGE wins in fit & finish and the KJ wins in included accessories & innovation.  
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Kj wins in lump. 
  • blasting
    Options
    gmoor6 said:

In that case, I apologize for my comment.  I too thought you were trolling.

Carry on, and welcome.

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    Options
    blasting said:
    I too thought you were trolling.

I think that I'm about the only troll left. All others have moved on ;)

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:
    I too thought you were trolling.

I think that I'm about the only troll left. All others have moved on ;)

Not me, it seems most everyone is from the South East and the time difference kills the fun early.  I may have to move.
    Phoenix 
  • gmoor6
    Options
    Found a deal on a used one smaller than my XL.  Thinking of adding it to my collection.  I should have added more details

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I have an XL and Small BGE. I also have a KJ Jr. They all cook.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gmoor6
    Options
    DMW Like your Facebook Page.  Some Nice Displays of Fine Food!!!
  • blasting
    Options
    @gmoor6   My Dad just asked me about a KJ.  I told him if he was impressed, he should buy it.  Not that much different as far as I can tell.

I like the BGE community, so I'm partial and that's all I would buy, but admittedly, that logic is somewhat lacking.
    Phoenix 
  • gmoor6
    Options
    @Blasting…….BGE Community can't be beat.  I know several PRIMO friends who are on here more than I am. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,751
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Kj wins in lump. 
    It's been a while since i used either, but I thought the lump was a draw.
    Stillwater, MN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have both.  They both burn lump and cook food.
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,218
    Options

@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead 
    nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaeggheadnolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead@nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead @nolaegghead