Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How far would you travel for $100 savings?

Options
13»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    blasting said:
    I used to think that the best part of waking up was Foldgers in your cup.

Waking up would be worlds better if you upgraded your brand of coffee. 
    I'm not old enough for coffee. It stunts your growth. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    So it looks like I'm rolling to Melbourne monday morning.  @Doc_Eggerton ans @NecessaryIndulg Let me know if you want to grab lunch somewhere.  I'll be rollin' in around 11:30
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Sadly I will be at work.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Everything is relative and depends on "where you were when". A couple personal stories might explain what I mean. My late parents lived through the Great Depression and they suffered. They instilled a work ethic in me, but also an appreciation of earning my own way. So I grew up knowing if I wanted something then I had to work for the money. By age 13 I had already bought and paid for my second brand new lawn mower and had 12 to16 yards I mowed weekly. Now fast forward 20 years and I was married, comfortable and still working hard as a college educated professional. One morning I picked up a friend who worked at the same bank where I was the controller. As we drove thru our neighborhood it was spring time and it was garbage pick up day. I was driving rather slow as we were both scoping out the cast offs. There we sat in suits with white starched long sleeve shirts and ties and we looked at each other then broke out laughing when I said "you know...once a scavenger always a scavenger!". Fast forward 40 more years and to this day I still can't bring myself to throw away aluminum cans, but save them and "cash them in". Hell no I don't need to and we donate multiple times this "can money" every year to charities, but like I said "it's where you were when".
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    That's a great post RRP .  My parents lived through the Depression and I know exactly what you speak of.  Many times I have had to remember what they lived through when questioning some of their decisions.  The path one has trod has a huge influence on ones future choices.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    Dittos (FarmerTom;RRP)..with the sad irony being that many who have had these people/experiences in their past or lived it themselves..never passed that attitude/skillset(s) down to generations who will definitely be experiencing same very soon. Community canneries (look it up) were replaced by social justice centers and handout havens minus the message. We're losing the last people who lived these tough times or who can share them firsthand. It would be a big loss for this country if we cared about demanding that these stories be told..yet we don't and aren't.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    thetrim said:
    So it looks like I'm rolling to Melbourne monday morning.  @Doc_Eggerton ans @NecessaryIndulg Let me know if you want to grab lunch somewhere.  I'll be rollin' in around 11:30
    @thetrim I have a lunch meeting tomorrow, shoot! If it gets rescheduled/cancelled I'll be sure to let you know!  Safe travels, and congrats on the new MM! 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • FLgrillinGirl
    Options
    Thetrim, I sent you a PM that may be of interest.
    Happily Egging since 1996, still egging on my original large BGE, along with 6 other Big Green Eggs of assorted sizes.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited March 2016
    Options
    After all this talk, Wassi's is CLOSED Mon-Tues.  

Dreams may fade or get delayed but they won't go completely away.  

I'll keep you posted @NecessaryIndulg @Doc_Eggerton
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95