Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spining Chicken

Options
Putting the roto thru its paces here tonight.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Looks delicious! How was it?
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Cooked it for 70 minutes at 300°, think I will try going at 355-365 and see if  I can get a chrisper skin.   Great flavor.  Basket is a hassle to clean.  Fun toy. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Spring Hen has hinted that she wants one of those.  But I've held her off getting one because we can go down the street to Sam's Club and get a very good rotisserie chicken for $4 with nothing to clean up afterward.  Now you come along and re-ignite the spark.  

Spring "Spark Resister" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Hey Spring Chicken, think prime rib.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Spring Hen has hinted that she wants one of those.  But I've held her off getting one because we can go down the street to Sam's Club and get a very good rotisserie chicken for $4 with nothing to clean up afterward.  Now you come along and re-ignite the spark.  

Spring "Spark Resister" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

I live down the street from all sorts of great BBQ.. Doesn't stop me from making it! Go get one!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    That does look very good!  Might have to mention this to my wife.....

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!