Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

how long and at what temp should i cook my ribs?

Comments

• Temp, 275, how long....till their done...  Each hog is different so some will take longer than others.  Have a cold one standing by.  They could go anywhere from 3-7 hours.  Best of luck and enjoy.  Post some pics too.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • What type of ribs? Spare ribs will take longer than baby back ribs.
    LBGE - Kansas City, MO
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Spares about 4 hours @ 250, baby backs about 3 hours @ 250, both indirect with no foil.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Talston
    Talston Posts: 1
    What's better standing or  laying flat on the grill?
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    edited April 2016
    Talston said:
    What's better standing or  laying flat on the grill?
    I cook flat unless I have a bunch going. There is really no discernable difference outside of I like the appearance of leaving my ribs meat side up the entire cook. (Welcome to the forum!!)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    edited April 2016
    claphamsa said:
    how long and at what temp should i cook my ribs?
    I do pretty much all my green egg smoking at 275. Seems to give me the best bark/tenderness ratio.  I find spares to take around 3.5-4 hours
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum