Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It is not end grain, but it will do.

Options
This block has been at Costco for $99, and yesterday I see it for $49 and I could not pass it up... especially after seeing the same block on Amazon for $142.

http://www.amazon.com/John-Boos-Tenmoku-Cutting-Stainless/dp/B00PSW4MYU/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1456443635&sr=1-6&keywords=maple+boos+block+with+feet

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Nice score there! I've been shopping for boards lately too. I would have jumped on that.

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Are you in Canada?   They don't show on the US Costco site.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I would have grabbed one and run for the door! Crazy good price.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    @bob.bud, you did good.  I have a $90 "butcher-block" cutting board, and it's warped quite a bit.  Additionally, Cook's Illustrated rated the straight-grained boards as the top models.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Now that is funny.  Online Canadian Costco carries Boos boards ... made just down the road in central Illinois.  And the Online USA Costco carries Labell boards ... made ... yep, you guessed it ... in Canada. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Now that is funny.  Online Canadian Costco carries Boos boards ... made just down the road in central Illinois.  And the Online USA Costco carries Labell boards ... made ... yep, you guessed it ... in Canada. 
    Really kicking myself for not getting that extra cutting board you saw.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Isn't it obvious, imports are better everywhere. :lol: 
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I have the walnut version without juice rail.  I love it.  It never gets put up at our house 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Nice score. Just be sure to oil it regularly. 

I was at mom's house and I mentioned that I wanted to order a butcher block for her. She says she has some expensive one that's been under the counter for 25 years. I start digging in the cabinet and find an old Boos Block that looks barely used. She said she didn't like it on her counter and it was too heavy to take out and put back in. I oiled it up really well and told her to leave it on the counter and use it.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    Not in Canada, Michigan egger here. @ $49 I just could not pass on the block. Should have bought two.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
  • crabcakez
    Options
    $49  for a boos? That's a steal! Nice find.