Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Backstrap Recipe

Options
valois
valois Posts: 24
edited February 2016 in Cookbook
   Marinade frozen backstrap in a large bowl with Carlo Rossi table wine(3/4) and orange juice (1/4) till submerged.
Add worcestershire sauce (1/4 cup), 1 white onion sliced, 2 garlic cloves sliced, a handful of rosemary leaves, a healthy dose of garlic salt (1 tbl spn), and malbec black pepper (1 tbl spn). let it marinade for a day or 2 while it thaws. Once thawed, remove silver membrane and any fat that may be there.
   Fire up the big green egg. Throw some wood of your choice in. I used cherry tree. lay down some 5 or 6 bacon strips and place the backstrap on top of it. wrap the bacon over the top of the backstrap and pin it down with some toothpicks. slice the backstrap steaks between the bacon slices.
Put onions in foil and use marinade to fill the foil boat to grill onions on. Start grilling those early.
Once your grill is above 500 F then throw on your backstrap directly over the flame. 2.5 min on both sides if you like it nice and red 3.5 min on both side for a less rare meat (boring). Or cook until bacon is slightly burnt on both sides.

Enjoy. As a side I did mashed potatoes and some asparagus with leaks in a foil boat on the grill marinated with montreal steak seasoning and italian salad dressing. (like a boss. I suppose I could have used the marinade for that as well) rotated the asparagus/leaks so that each veggie pile got some grill heat

Comments