Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kids say the darnedest sometimes most wonderful things

Options
Today I was slicing up some bacon that I had cured and cold smoked on the small BGE and decided to fry up a few pieces while slicing and vac sealing. Andru my 10 year old came along and I gave him a piece of the freshly fried bacon. This is the first that I have cured in a long time and I tried out a new cure recipe so I wasn't real sure how it would turn out. Andru popped it in his mouth and immediately started  smiling. I asked him if it was good and he said " Yeah Daddy this is way better than that regular breakfast bacon that everybody gives you. Your bacon is not hard and crunchy and it has a lot of flavor". I guess that is the best compliment that I ever could have hoped for. 

Just for for the record. This belly went in the cure on the 5th. Rinsed and soaked for a couple of hours and back in the fridge on the 12th. Cold smoked with hickory and wrapped with plastic wrap and back in the fridge on the 13th. Sliced, sampled, and vac sealed today.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments