Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sub Zero Brisket

Options
With the cold weather hitting the North East seemed like a good time to do some brisket.  Got a 14+ pound packer from Restaurant Depot.  Trimmed, injected, rubbed and on it went...Wind chills around 0.  Egg had no problem holding 275 temp for 15 hours.  Cook did use a lot of lump.
South Jersey / XL Egg

Comments

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Very nice! I won't brave these temps. But I have a 17 pound SRF Brisket in the deep freeze just waiting for signs of Spring!

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Gonnaneedabiggeregg
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thanks @CtTOPGUN.  Just saw the other thread about cooking this weekend in the cold (Cold weather throw down).  Should've recorded the temp as I was cooking.  Although not as cold as I'm sure others are, it was the coldest cook of this winter for me.  I'll also probably wait 'til spring for the next overnight.  Stay warm and post up the SRF when the weather breaks.
    South Jersey / XL Egg
  • manofmac
    Options
    Nice! I'm planning on doing a brisket overnight for the the first time tonight. Did you have to add coal at certain points or were you able to cook the entire 15 hours on the original batch? Any other tips pulling the all-nighter?
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    That looks like a beauty.. Congrats great cook.. I am doing the throw down tonight but North Carolina temps are not to bad..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • @manofmac I was able to go the entire 15 loaded with lump filled up to the top of the fire ring.  Still had some left in the XL at the end.  I let the temp come up and stabilize longer than normal and I did use the CyberQ to hold steady in this cold.  
    South Jersey / XL Egg
  • Thanks @johnmitchell Stay warm.   
    South Jersey / XL Egg