Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Low carb cheeseburger breakfast stack

Egged the burgers last night, enjoyed them with no bun. Today's breakfast...nice pile of scrambled eggs topped with cheese, burger, diced onions, and then to the stack added a bit of salsa, dollop of sour cream and some peppers because, hey, why not?

Comments

• MikeeMikee Posts: 831

For my low carb burger I cut up a tomato and onion. Put that in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Let it sit for a while and then drain off the water. Cook the cheeseburgers, then add a heaping spoonful of mayo, then the tomato/onion mixture. Carbs are near zero. 

• epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,943
    Thanks, I will try that.
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 638
    Wow!  Who needs carbs with a spread like that?
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,943
    stv8r said:
    Wow!  Who needs carbs with a spread like that?
    Thanks...it was tasty and filling. Deprivation dieting does not work for me. 
  • Those Mezzetta "tamed" jalapeños are the best. 
  • Those Mezzetta "tamed" jalapeños are the best. 

I agree!