Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My team the Carolina Panther's..... well we made "The Show" at least, Spare ribs

Options
Ok I'm not crying in my single barrel bourbon here, but we made a great run of it. 
The local Publix had "St. Louis" style ribs advertised and on sale. Well, Mr. Butcher.. The're supposed to be trimmed Spare ribs but I guess y'all missed that one in barber school... Sorry butcher school. 
Anyhoo, 

Trimmed myself, membrane and additional fat removed. 
Now here's the "do something cool" part. I injected the rib muscle with with as much "Cheerwine" as I could force in there. If you don't know Cheerwine..Google it. 
Dried and mustarded....., is that a word, the my 2 favorite rubs. 

2.5 hours at 250, foiled for 1.5, brushed with Bone Sucking sauce for 30 mins and they were a hit for kickoff! 

Just the right amount of tug on a competition worthy St Louis cut of ribs. Fun cook but sour outcome for our Super Bowl. 
Im a season ticket holder so what can I say, there's next year. 

Oh oh here's some of our little spread for 6 people. There's Jalapeño shrimp in there that is whoop, whoop! Oh, I didn't even go into detail on the S. Fla. smoked sailfish dip I prepared. Another time. 

Life's short on this big rock.... Enjoy while you can!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Man what a spread. It all looks outstanding. For both quality and more importantly quantity:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    It has been a fun year.....your ribs and fixins look outstanding. You def outplayed our boys in the SB. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow