Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss

Options
In June I bought a Flame Boss 200 and had only positive experiences with it until last week when my meat probe stopped registering properly. To isolate the issue I plugged the pit probe into the meat probe connection in the controller and determined that the controller was fine.

I then called up FB and spoke with a customer service representative named Kyle to explain my situation. He responded that I should send him a photo of the probe and they would ship me a new one. I did that on Thursday and today my new probe arrived and a preliminary test indicated that I'm back in business being able to watch the cooking process from the comfort of my home office.

The product does what the company says it would and the customer service, including a chat with Michael Collins, one of the owners about something else, have proven to me that they're a first rate organization. Consequently, I'm glad I'm doing business with them and have absolutely no qualms about recommending.

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Ditto ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Arkysmokin
    Options
    I was seeing some weird things with my meat probe on my last cook so I'm curious what was happening with yours. My meat probe was registering as "LOW" very often during the cook. Then all of a sudden the temp would register. I even tried resetting my controller once and unplugging the probe a few times.

Live in Austin/From Arkansas

XL BGE