Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Superman and the Super Bowl.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on game and how it played out? My honest opinion is it was the sorriest Super Bowl I ever watched. Down right boring to be honest. The only time I got remotely excited was when GaGa took to the stage and when Scam melted like a little girl under pressure and handed Denver the ball in the end zone. Short of this, boring. 
Going into the game I really thought Carolina had way to much horsepower for Denver. And I still believe that Carolina is the better all around team. But the game proved one thing to me, no matter how much horsepower you have, you are only as good as the man behind the wheel. I give Scam 100% credit for Carolinas loss. He didn't live up to the hype. Had Carolina had anyone else at the helm, they would be the champs right now. Even a high school quarter back would have done better than the gutless wonder did. 
For the record, I hate Denver. I always have. On the other hand, I have always liked Carolina. So it was a lose lose for me either way unless you take Scam out of the equation and then I would have been rooting for Carolina all the way. Again, it really was the worst Super Bowl I remember seeing. The highlights being GaGa looking good and Scam looking like a school yard sissy scared to play with the big boys. Congratulations to the Denver Broncos for the win. And congrats to Manning for being a true class act and leader. I have a few words I would like to say about Scam, but with the buffalo ever watchful, I will refrain for obvious reasons. 
Your thoughts on the game? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    If you give Newton 100% credit for the loss then you are giving Denver's defense 0% credit. 
  • SGH
    If you give Newton 100% credit for the loss then you are giving Denver's defense 0% credit. 
    As good as Denvers defense is, Scam made it real easy for them. Wouldn't even attempt to recover fumbles, handed them the ball in the end zone etc, etc. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    thought CN's gold shoes with MVP on them were way over the chart. Don't get me wrong, he will probably donate them or auction for a nice chunk of change, but just says Pompas A$$ to me. I was pulling for the Panthers....but had my fill of Cam while he took a couple of games from my boys. He does a lot of great things in the Charlotte Community....but got something that was coming to him last night.

As for the Supper Bowl.....I don't think it was as close as the score indicated. The Bronco's dominated the game start to finish if you ask me. Would have preferred a better game.....even if it was a defensive struggle.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    Played out exactly how I though, including his post game interview- I took 5:1 odds in Vegas back in December for Denver to go all the way...I knew Manning would be irrelevant..It was Denver Defense vs Cam, Manning just had to play prevent........Cam would never stack up against the Denver Defense
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,171
    Well I read somewhere on the internet that Denver D had nothing to do with the Carolina loss.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Well Denver D shut down Tom Terrific and the rest of the Pats so hats off to them... Von Miller is a beast... What would be the outcome if Cam and Miller were swapped.... Carolina took cam #1 and Miller went #2 to Denver.... Oh and Brady deflates balls and Miller tries to corrupt drug test... Everyone bends the rules... If ya ain't cheatin you ain't trying...
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    I agree, it was the worst Super Bowl that I can remember.
    I didn't care for the half time show either.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Denver's defense scored 6, Denver's offense scored. Denver's defense won the game. The MVP of the Super Bowl did not lead the team in tackles or fumble recoveries. He got all the credit for stopping Cam Newton.
    Best team won. That team also had the best Defense in the NFL.
    Cam made it easy, but the Denver Broncos did it.
    Super Bowl Champions.
    Offense controls the clock. Defense wins championships. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    GregW said:
    I didn't care for the half time show either.
    I didn't either. Short of GaGa, the entertainment sucked. It was like watching Scam. 

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    tarheelmatt said:
      It's amazing that people question Cam's ability, but not Brady's 
    This is probably because Brady has won 4 Super Bowls and his team was dominant for a decade. So dominant in fact that they are referred to as "The Dynasty". Love him or hate him (I'm not a fan) it's kind of hard to deny Brady's accomplishments and abilities. His team, just like the Crimson Tide, has been the standout for years. Only the Patriots and the Crimson Tide have 4 titles in the past decade. No other teams stats even come close to this accomplishment. Scam has a long way to go to accomplish what Brady has. 

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    edited February 2016
    SGH said:
    tarheelmatt said:
    This is probably because Brady has won 4 Super Bowls and his team was dominant for a decade. So dominant in fact that they are referred to as "The Dynasty". Love him or hate him (I'm not a fan) it's kind of hard to deny Brady's accomplishments and abilities. His team, just like the Crimson Tide, has been the standout for years. Only the Patriots and the Crimson Tide have 4 titles in the past decade. No other teams stats even come close to this accomplishment. Scam has a long way to go to accomplish what Brady has. 
    Your comment was based on the present year, not past years.... 

Denver D did the same thing to Tom Damn Brady, Scottie.  WTH is the difference here?  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    SGH said:
    tarheelmatt said:

Denver D did the same thing to Tom Damn Brady, Scottie.  WTH is the difference here?  
    Tom doesn't Dab?
  • I enjoyed Denver's D versus Carolina O. While the play may not have been sharp, the energy was high and you could feel the desparation on both sides to succeed. I think people are making more of the Cam thing than needs to be made. He could absolutely have handled it better and with more class. He wants to the leader and center of attention, well you need to do that when it goes bad too. He'll learn. 

That being said, yes it was far from the best SB I've ever watched. 
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    cam showed up, he just happened to get hit repeatedly and like the rest of the team, they didnt know how to recover.  they were down 6 points most of the game but it might as well been 60 the way they played.

Cam isnt a fluke.  he was the MVP and deservedly so, but that is where you give Denver the credit.  he was shook.

• fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Cam is a very emotional player and wears his emotions on his sleeve. I think today if he had to do it all over he would do it differently. 

War Damn Eagle!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    I have hope for my Vikings after watching this game. Mike Zimmer has turned around one of the worst defenses in the league to one of the best in two years. I can wait and see how they are in a couple years. Offensively they aren't very good without Peterson. I'm hoping Teddy gets better. Probably wishful thinking but we don't have much else to root for here in MN
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    The highlight of the game was the Brisket I made, it got more Kudos than the game!

Denver's defense was awesome but scam did make it easy for them. I could not believe he didn't dive for that last fumble, that tells me everything I need to know about him. I remember Jeff George did that once while playing for the Vikings and he never lived that down.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    you must of hated when favre ran all over the field fist pumping or tom brady when he would run 80 yards and head butt a teammate after a touchdown... or are those not cocky antics?

i have no love for cam but let's be honest, plenty of other athletes do the same thing and no one mentions it..  problem is- cam is a manchild.  he has been coddled since HS and doesnt handle disappointment well at all.

• SGH

A valid point. But it also reinforces my very point. When Denver shutdown Brady, he was already one of the accomplished and proven greats. A proven quarterback with many records and titles to his credit. If he never wins or plays another game, there is no denying his accomplishments. Any praise that Brady gets is deserved for all that he has accomplished through the years. No one can win them all. But for over a decade Brady has continuously led the Pats to winning seasons and Super Bowls. None of the above can be said about Cam. 
    In Cams case, all the media talk and build up was just that. He is called Superman and the Greatest ever. Heck he hasn't been playing long enough to have earned the title of greatest at anything. Most true football fans find it insulting when the media portrays Cam as the second coming of Christ. He may go on to great things and break all the records, but to portray him in the light that they have up to this point is just wrong.
     There are many active quarterbacks out there that have accomplished far more than Cam has at this point. To me, Cam is akin to Rhonda Rousey. Pretty good but marketed as great. Like Cam, RR was billed as Superwoman, unbeatable and the greatest ever. When in fact she really never fought a known opponent. She was just a pretty face with a big ego and mouth. The first time she faced a talented fighter she was beat to a pulp and knocked cold out. Couldn't live up to the hype. Cam was billed and made out to be the same way. He said it himself and I quote "You have never seen nothing like me". Like Rousey, when he finally got hit, he folded. 
    I have never liked seeing anyone get credit that they haven't earned. Cam has been a media darling up to this point for one reason and one reason only. And it's not his talent. We all know what it is so there is no need in me tempting the buffalo by point it out. If he ever accomplishes what Brady or Manning has, I will be the first to give him the credit that he deserves, though admittedly begrudgingly because I simply can't stand him. I for one was glad to see both Superwoman and Superman fall. I have never liked self appointed champions like Cam and Rousey. Just my thoughts brother Tar. 

Status- Standing by.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited February 2016
    SGH said:
    tarheelmatt said:

:| 
    The difference?  Gosh.  Who knows?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCt6VZrKGsM
     B) 

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    People just prefer the "Awww gee gosh golly I'm just happy to be here" attitude. Peyton is a great example of that. 
    War Damn Eagle!
  • SGH
    fishepa said:
    People just prefer the "Awww gee gosh golly I'm just happy to be here" attitude. Peyton is a great example of that. 
    This is not true. But there are still a lot of people who do prefer to see people present themselves in a respectable and dignified manner. Manning and Brady both are good examples of this. Like them or not, they are professionals, not street thugs or hooloigans. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    XLBalco said:
    you must of hated when favre ran all over the field fist pumping or tom brady when he would run 80 yards and head butt a teammate after a touchdown... or are those not cocky antics?

This is totally different. Favre and Brady was just celebrating. They didn't self appoint themselves King. No where near the same thing as the thugs antics. 

Status- Standing by.

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700

<sigh>

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• tarheelmatt
    edited February 2016
    Street thugs? Hooligans?  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site