Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Belly

pls3824pls3824 Posts: 10
i want to cook a pork belly for the Super Bowl today.  I have applied the rub and salt on the skin but not sure on cook time and temperature.  I really would like the skin to be really crispy.  Any suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,939
    The time will depend some on the thickness of the belly. Usually, I do them around 275 for about 4 hours, but they can be done as high as 350, and much quicker.

I'm no good at crispy skin. Perhaps someone else has a good method. Some time ago, maybe from someone on the old forum, the method included blanching the partially cooked skins in boiling water for a few minutes.  Then fried or baked at a high temp.

• Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck.