Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Support group?

Options
Is therected one for "Egg Addicts". Started with an XL. Bought a Mini to replace a broken gas grill for when we went shooting. Then got a Large....justified it by saying the XL used to much fuel. I cracked the XL base. Mothership replaced it. Also cracked the firebox and ring. Again, the Mothership stepped up. Couple weeks back the replacement XL base cracked. Was in the dealer asking about getting it replaced. My XL had the low dome. Ordered the newer high dome. Will be using one of the cracked bases and the cracked box and ring along with the old dome....so now we have a Mini, a Large, a XL with the high dome and a built from cracked parts XL with the low dome. Do I need help?....
Also have a 36" Blackstone griddle, a home built Reverse Flow...and will be building a conventional offset...lot of cookers for just the 2 of us...

Comments

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Damn, wrong forum, sorry...
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Sounds like your right at home. 8 grills for the wife and I
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Hi, My name is @dougcrann , and I have too many things to cook on...lol

Hey, it's just my daughter and myself and I've whittled it down to 5 myself.  However there are three more on the horizon whenever money & time allow. I'll probably space it out over the next few years so things don't get out of hand.

Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    I was at 6 but wife said that was to many so I sold one.

Turns out she was wrong.  Another grill is coming Thursday.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • blasting
    Options

@Ozzie_Isaac   So, what's coming Thursday?  and congrats.
    Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    blasting said:

Have a Minimax coming!  I am stoked, havn't slept in days thinking about it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Here is a website for you.  http://70.112.157.171/

That should help. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    blasting said:

Have a Minimax coming!  I am stoked, havn't slept in days thinking about it.
    You'll love it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @theyolksonyou I already have a beach trip planned for it, and hopefully many trips to the neighborhood pool.
  • blasting
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac   Enjoy your new addition.  I think grill guys should pass out cigars...
    Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2016
    Options
    blasting said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac   Enjoy your new addition.  I think grill guys should pass out cigars...
    Hahaha!  That is a great idea!! Maybe I could get some announcments printed and sent out.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    This is not a support group BTW.
    This is a bunch of enablers.
    Is there something worse than enablers?  Encouragers? Ag-onners? 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Funny how skewed perspectives are around here!  I feel so inadequate not owning a second egg or a stickburner!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I have been lucky in that SWMBO has no interest in learning how to run the BGE or anything about this forum.  I will continue to ensure she knows just how difficult the BGE is to set-up and cook with, requiring near-constant adult beverage fueled supervision (except when it doesn't).
    However, I am self-debating showing her this thread.  I'm not looking for more cookers (empty-nesters here) right now, but you never know.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I have heard giving away your eggs for free will help with. Your problems ... Pm me for some help
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    I may have some company while attending the support group meetings.  We are adopting a Mini Max tomorrow and the missus made an off the cuff comment that took me by surprise ... she said, "oh, I could probably cook on one that small." 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @Jeepster47 - Be very careful heading down that road.  You need to reemphasize just how much total attention is required to get a successful outcome.  ;)  I'm sure there is more than adequate documentation somewhere-and if not-just make it up.  Encroachment comes to mind.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    Options
    I may have some company while attending the support group meetings.  We are adopting a Mini Max tomorrow and the missus made an off the cuff comment that took me by surprise ... she said, "oh, I could probably cook on one that small." 

Oh oh, that doesn't sound good.  Sort of reminds me of the guys that teach their wives how to play golf.  Changes the hobby forever...

I'm just kidding, it could turn out well, there's a first for everything.
    Phoenix