Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Coin Toss - As Pitmasters, We Can Come Up With Something Better

Options
blasting
blasting Posts: 6,262
edited February 2016 in Off Topic

I was surprised this is how elections are settled, as I'd never heard of this before.  I'm not being political, or commenting on who won or lost the coin tosses yesterday.  

I kinda think it's hilarious.  We tell other nations how to set up their governments, and then we decide our own elections by coin toss.  We certainly are swinging some brass ones.

If deciding an election is to be left to a game of chance, I really think it should be more interesting.  Possibly have Ms. Clinton and Mr. Sanders play a rousing game of ROCK PAPER SCISSORS - best of 3 of course?  Or maybe guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar?  How about musical chairs or a cake walk?  Possibly add a little skill and play a game of HORSE or thumb wrestle.

So what say you?  Ideas?

Phoenix 

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Document number of lies told while campaigning in the last month. Less lies wins??
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    It's the Iowa caucus. A quaint old tradition that is pretty meaningless in the end. If Iowans are fine with a coin toss if it's tied in one of their gatherings why should I care?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    It's the Iowa caucus. A quaint old tradition that is pretty meaningless in the end. If Iowans are fine with a coin toss if it's tied in one of their gatherings why should I care?

Hey, if that's the best they can do, that's fine.  If it's going to be game of chance, then I thought we could suggest something more inventive.  

Who wouldn't tune in to watch the candidates run the WIPE OUT course as a tie breaker?   Or maybe each candidate could lead their delegates in a tug a war over a pool of expired milk.

Phoenix 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Document number of lies told while campaigning in the last month. Less lies wins??
    @Chubbs ... I checked and the Cray Computer is tied up solving real world problems.  Plus, tallying lies told by politicians in the last month would severely tax it's capabilities.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max