Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aged meat - YES! Aged chicken eggs - maybe not!

Options
2»

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I dinnit say anyone was a d!ck, pr!ck, or anything schwantz-related. fwiw

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,538
    Options
    fruitguy said:
    last trip to China we were served Pidan Eggs, you could tell they were not fresh
    I want some  =)

canuckland
  • AR_Pork_Producer
    Options
    When I was working at a discount store in college we carried a brand of eggs that was called Crains. A lady walked up to me and said," I see you have crain (crane) eggs, but do you have chicken eggs"!!!!!
    Large BGE, Holland Gas Grill, Masterbuilt electric smoker, Oklahoma Joe, Flame Boss
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    RRP said:
    @RRP btw, i wasn't correcting anything actually. 
    Didn't come off that way @darby_crenshaw but you have to walk very gingerly on his threads.  
    ah, come on guys...SH*T if we could ever meet face to face I think you both would find I'm NOT the pr*ck you seem to think I am. 
    Personally I would describe you as ornery not a prick. A prick means to be an ass I think thats just who you are.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Ouch. Tough crowd
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    two months then toss =) i get maybe 7 plus dozen farm eggs up camp every may and whatevers left in the fall gets pickled
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    @RRP btw, i wasn't correcting anything actually. Just relating that i think it is surprising the USDA says that eggs are fine in your fridge for as long as two months "or more"

I've mentioned i know people who throw out food after three days. Their forehead would cave in at the idea of two month old eggs
    Guess they probably shouldn't buy apples at the grocery store then:

http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-apples-year-old/
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    This is absolutely true, but they should've mentioned that you can get fresh apples in the fall and then again in the spring (when they harvest in the Southern Hemisphere), if you buy geographically - eg Washington apples in the fall and New Zealand apples in the spring.  Buying a Washington apple in the summer will give you a 10 month old apple.  They're still good, just not as crisp IMO.