Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New table / BBQ cart

BigGreenGatorBigGreenGator Posts: 346
edited January 2016 in EGG Table Forum
I made this table out of kiln dried all clear pressure treated 1" thick 1x6 & 1x4's for the tops and 4x4's for legs with 3" casters ...
It measures 48" long and 25-1/4 deep ... It has a clear spar finish on the tops and an Olympic deck stains on the legs and sides ...
... I pocket hole joined the tops with some exterior glue as well and for strength inset the sides into the 4x4's instead of just screwing them to the edges ...
... This would make a great work table surface or even a place for 4 folks to stand around and eat and drink or like I said it would be a sweet design for say a small or medium Big Green Egg ... You'd just have to adjust the bottom shelf height to accommodate :) ... 
    Here's a few pics 

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

Comments

• bhedges1987bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Looks nice man!!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• sloveladslovelad Posts: 1,741
    Would be cool for a mini or minimax
  • slovelad said:
    Would be cool for a mini or minimax
    Exactly my thought as well :)

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• Very nice, hope you had fun making it.
  • That looks very good!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JKSJKS Posts: 11
    Like it!
  • NavyMattyNavyMatty Posts: 26
    Looks great.  I plan to do something similar when it warms up consistently here in VA...  Is there any risk to food prep on a pressure-treated wood table top?  I know things have moved away from the old carcinogenic treatments done on wood--but I don't know if I'd want food near pressure treated lumber...
  • smokeywsmokeyw Posts: 367
    Love it! I've been looking a work table to put on the deck. I might add a second shelf to hold more accessories.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,609
    This is great!  What height is this?  Did you use 1"x4" to frame the bottom shelf and top?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,675
    Looks great.. Nicely done !!! Based on the color of the bottle opener..... Maybe a Kamado Joe Jr... ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 6,609
    Very nice sketch.   Here is mine for a similar table w an inlaid Spanish tile top.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CoulCoul Posts: 111
    just needs a gator logo on it!
    LBGE circa 2016
  • Coul said:
    just needs a gator logo on it!
    Affirmative @Coul