Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

reuben

Options

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking good...and it looks like you got the picture thing figured out! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Deviledegger
    Options
    @smokeypitt Well sort of.  The Reuben was great!   I followed the  Pastrami recipe from Charcuterie.  Ive wanted to post the process but as you know I've head issues posting pics.
        With your help and a can do attitude I have managed to figure out how to take pics and post ay the present time.  No taking pics as I go and then posting them when finished.  This is why the pictures are a bit rushed.  But it did happen!
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Fine looking Ruben.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Roadpuke0 said:
    Fine looking Ruben.
    I 2nd that
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    did you finish in a pressure
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    cooker? thats the only thing holding me back from making pastrami right now as i dont have one. looks good
  • Deviledegger
    Options
    I put it in a roaster on a rack with 1 inch of water.  Then cover tight with foil.bring water to a simmer on stove top and then  put in oven at  275* for 2-3 hours or until fork tender.