Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: epilogue to my C*mc*st rant about a 22% increase: OT

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
obviously I'm trying to fly above the hooves of the buffalo here... ;)

Background: the sole cable provider I'm our community is C*mc*st and they sent me a bill for $231 a month for a 22% increase! I posted about it this weekend and not only got support, but also received some helpful ideas. With no cable alternative then idle threats made no sense and from what I heard and was confirmed Internet s*cks using The D*sh network.

Today I called the 800 number rather than to go to the local office - a valuable hint! I was polite, but I did say a 22% increase was ridiculous and I want to change. I dropped a couple tiers of channel availability which we never used (let alone channels we even knew we had!) and our bill has dropped from $231 to $159. =)=)=)  - but read on...

This evening I received an email from them confirming the changes BUT there was also a hooker revealed that there was 12 month promotional $41 credit applied so it looks like my bill may go back to $200 in 12 months vs $231! Guess I'm calling C*mc*st tomorrow about this trickery!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    "Flying Above the Hooves of Buffalo" needs to be on the next NO/Salado/Brisket Camp/Butt Thingie t-shirt!

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    Botch said:
    "Flying Above the Hooves of Buffalo" needs to be on the next NO/Salado/Brisket Camp/Butt Thingie t-shirt!
    Hey... I'll even forfeit the copyright to that comment! LOL
  • RRP
    edited January 2016
    LOL - the buffalo has already sh*t on my post and is sinking it fast!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I asked for my cable provider to remove all the food pron channels and reduce my bills because I was putting on too much weight and loosing too much in the wallet department.  They told me those channels were subsidized by Kraft in coordination with Brazzers and I would not reduce my bill one bit.  Boy, I was incisored.

Definitely a promotional period Ron. It will go back up. Set a calendar event in your phone or computer to call them a week or so before and "make another change". Works for me
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    When I was on Comcast I had to call them every 6 months when my promotional period ended and they would lower my bill back down to the promotion they were running at that time. It got to be such a hassle that I switched to AT&T U-Verse, which doesn't appear to be an option for you. I'm on a 2 year promotion period with them, which expires in September this year, so we'll see where it goes from there.

I would love to cut the cord with them all, except I love to watch sports on ESPN, NBC Sports and Fox Sports and haven't found a viable option for those.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Not really trickery, just the usual promotional "teaser" rate. Tis a game that a lot of companies play.

Too bad that Comcast is your only local provider.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk