Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Having table built. Help please!!

Options
LGE sitting on cinder blocks as I finalize plans to have table built. Way above my handyman ability to build what I want. I have to have drawers and cabinet to store coal, plate setter etc so going more detailed. Spending enough to buy a few new LGE's so don't want to screw it up. Here's where I hope you experts can help a newb......

Drawer width. Planning to store plate setter and grill in one drawer. Can't find width of LGE plate setter (out of town or would go measure so hold the smart replies!!), and also height. Was going to have 22" wide drawer but it is screwing up measurements and if I can go narrower it will work better. 

Drawer depth. From researching so many table threads on here I have gathered a ton of info. But I am thinking on drawer on top to be fairly shallow to hold gloves, looftlighter, therm etc. so other two drawers can be deeper. To store setter, grill how much depth do I need? 

Also so going to have cabinet for coal, wood. Very very dumb question but how wide of a cabinet would I need to store 20lb bag of coal? Would 13-16 inches wide fit a bag of BGE coal?

i think I have gathered as many ideas to incorporate, including the lighting under the lip of the countertop, adding an outlet to plug in looftlighter or anything else I might need. If you were to build a new one or have and thought, man, "X" would have been a nice add-on, what would be a great addition to have/need?

been getting great advice on here, very much appreciated!

Comments

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    For charcoal:  28 x 16 x 12 should be be just enough space. 

Platesetter is the same width as the cooking grid - 18.25". 

Have you made space for a fire extinguisher?
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.