Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Bewb

Options
saluki2007
saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
Seasoned with Tony's creole seasoning. Going to baste with a butter, garlic and more Tony's concoction. Rolling at 275 with pecan and a chunk of cherry.  Gonna add a bake tater later. 

Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Sounds great...I will be looking out for some money shots.. Enjoy your cook and your evening..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Turned out great. Prolly wouldn't use the Tony's again though. Too salty. Great on french fries though. Pulled at 160 and held in oven for about 45 min. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Spot. On
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Color looks awesome and bet the taste was too!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Looks like it was a winner  
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Looks good ... I like the simplicity of cooking breasts on the egg.  Lot of room on the grill and only one "kind" of protein to get to the correct temp.  Plus, with only two of us, I don't have to eat turkey for the next two weeks!

Do you get much carryover temp increase when cooking at 275*?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• saluki2007
    Options
    Looks good ... I like the simplicity of cooking breasts on the egg.  Lot of room on the grill and only one "kind" of protein to get to the correct temp.  Plus, with only two of us, I don't have to eat turkey for the next two weeks!

Do you get much carryover temp increase when cooking at 275*?
    Agree that a breast is the perfect size for two.

Can't give you a number on the carryover.  I pulled it when it was 160 and it sat in the oven (turned off) for a good 30-45 minutes.  It did not dry out, but next time I will probably pull it at 157-158 as it wasn't as juicy as I would have liked.  Definitely will not use the Tony's again.  It will be reserved for french fries and tater tots only.  Just too salty for poultry.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL