Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple of test run Filets

Options
Bart1434
Bart1434 Posts: 160
edited January 2016 in Beef
My dad is coming into town and I haven't seen him in a while so I wanted to nail some steaks for his arrival next week, had some filets vacuum sealed and decided to do a test run cook for my girlfriend and I tonight.. Turned out fantastic! Hope I can replicate this cook when he's in town! Thanks to everyone here on the forum I searched and found some great knowledge that helps a novice beginner like me.  

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I think you should run another test tomorrow. When should I be there to sample? You really need to make sure you weren't just really, really lucky! That looks amazing! Congrats and I hope you and your old man enjoy the next batch. 
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Pops will be happy with that
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I give you permission for another test run at my house.  You know, for collaborative research
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Bart1434
    Bart1434 Posts: 160
    Options
    Thanks guys! I wouldn't mind another test run and some cold drinks with anyone from this forum any day ! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. 

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course