Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone selling a firebox for a Large BGE

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Not a warranty claim? I dont think one would ship well

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Why not place a warranty claim if registered a new egg. Of bought used, I would try to support a local dealer. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    I have a cracked Large Big green egg that I was going to set back up just as a spare.  the crack is not that bad
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,957
    I have a large firebox that is in 2 pieces. Does that interest you? Send me a PM if so.
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    I have a large firebox that is in 2 pieces. Does that interest you? Send me a PM if so.
    It's a clean break almost across from the factory cut kerf.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,170
    last time i looked my large firebox and ring was in 12 pieces, just saying =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    I have an extra used one.  :lol: 

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• RRP
    I have an extra used one.  :lol: 

Those would be easier to ship than the ones I'm sending him!
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    And I have the matching three piece fire grate.

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,054
    I was in the same situation and monitored Craig's List for almost a year.  One day someone posted an Egg where the top was shattered but everything else was intact.  125.00 later, I was able to set up my father in law with a working egg.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    I'd be interested in one as well. While I did but mine new from an authorized dealer, that was many, many years ago (scissor hinge lid) and I have zero clue as to where a receipt would be.

I tried sending an email to the Mothership to enquire about PURCHASING a new one.

No response.

Poor fire box in my old BGE is in 5 major pieces. I did move it to my new house (very carefully) and have it propped back together with large amounts of ash supporting it. I periodically tap/shake it gently to get the ash to settle even more, but still hesitant to ever use it. Fortunately have my newer BGE in good shape and haven't had the need for two since the move.
    South SLO County
  • RRP
    SoCalWJS said:
    I'd be interested in one as well. While I did but mine new from an authorized dealer, that was many, many years ago (scissor hinge lid) and I have zero clue as to where a receipt would be.

I tried sending an email to the Mothership to enquire about PURCHASING a new one.

No response.

Personally you are giving up too easily! Warranty claims may have become more difficult over the last 6 or 7 years, but if you bought your first one in good faith then you ought to be helped! You said you have bought another new large since then -  so why not go back to that dealer and get help? At least back here the wholesaler is the decision maker and your sending an email to the Mothership is a last resort.
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    smbishop said:
    I was in the same situation and monitored Craig's List for almost a year.  One day someone posted an Egg where the top was shattered but everything else was intact.  125.00 later, I was able to set up my father in law with a working egg.

in ohio here I don't see many big green eggs