Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Self control at Costco

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
I was in Costco for something else, but couldn't leave without checking the beef.  I found a 3 pack of prime NY strips for $12.99/lb. that just looked too good not to buy (grabbed them).  Then I saw peeled extreme beef tenderloins for $9.99/lb.  They only had one layer of them in the case...so I picked the best looking one and took it over to the meat counter to ask if this was some kind of mistake.  I was told they'd gotten too many and were moving them out.  On the way out, the receipt checker asked "can you believe that price on the tenderloin?"  I said no.  She replied "I bought two."

I knew our freezer was kind of full, so freezing more than the one just wasn't a good plan...and we just finished a weekend of tenderloin.

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    NY strip has been my go-to lately! Heck of a deal on the tenderloin 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Our Costco had prime strip roasts for 8.50/lb before Xmas, with an additional rebate. Maybe the rib roasts are so popular that they have extra strip and tenderloin? Whatever the deal, I've got strip steaks vacuum packed in the freezer for later.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle