Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chromebook: I love this thing

Options

So just over a week ago I bought a Chromebook. Toshiba Chromebook 2. I own a MacBook and a Mac but rarely use either anymore. I think the macbook was last powered on about a year ago. The Mac sits in living room and only use it gets is streaming netflix from other countries to the apple tv so I can watch on big screen

I am not a power user. I do not use photoshop or anything that requires a lot. I own an iPad and play games with it but it was not fitting my needs for browsing the way I wanted. 

I realize the chromebook is not for everyone but for what I want and need it is almost perfect. It boots up and powers down within seconds. HD screen, solid speakers. 4GB ram so no issues with browsing being slow. 

I use chrome and gmail and google pictures on my iPhone anyway so everything was perfectly synced. 

I can be on forums, reading articles, streaming music and never have lag or issues. 

If all or most of you PC use is based around your browser I highly recommend taking a look at chromebook. It has google docs and can do Office 365 as well. 

My only complaint is lack of backlit keyboard and not many have that at this price range regardless of OS. 

Some of the keyboard buttons, like refresh and search, being built in is cool two. And chromebooks have similiar gestures for touchpad as Mac so makes fast and intuitive to use. 

Boom