Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One New Year's Eve Bad Boy of a Brisket

Options
News2u
News2u Posts: 335
I'd like to to take the credit, but must defer to my son and his girlfriend, who cooked up one sumptuous, bad boy brisket for a memorable New Year's Eve soiree. Here's just the flat, most succulint I've ever tasted:
Started with a 15 pounder, fat-trimmed down to around 12 lbs and heavily dusted with a Texas style red rub with lots of paprika and cayenne pepper:
Started foiling full brisket at the 7 hour mark, then, after a total of 10 hours under the dome at a grid level pit temp of 230° (never mopping it once), removed full brisket and cut off the point.  While resting the flat, diced up the point into 1-2 inch cubes, re-dusted them and coated the lot in Jacksonville's own Jenkin's BBQ mild sauce for some outrageous burnt ends: 
Tossed the burnt ends back into the egg for a final 30 minute cook. Total rest time: 2 hours for the flat and 1 hour for the ends. Served the burnt ends as an appetizer and later the flat as the main course. Kaboom!
Beef...It's what's for dinner tonight.

Comments