Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time for 2 4 lb pork butts

Options
Cooking 2 4 lb pork butts at 250 to a final temp of 205...any guesses on how long until they finish?
Newbie with LG BGE, learning one slow cook at a time! 

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I stole this from someone on here, but it has been spot on for me. If the two you're doing are not jammed together, 4 pounds should be your starting point. The one I did two nights ago was buttah at 199 degrees so I would certainly be probing before it hits 200 degrees.

225 degrees: 2 hours per lb.
    250: 1 1/2 hours per lb.
    280: 1 hour per lb.
    350: 45 minutes per lb.
    Stillwater, MN
  • egghead43
    Options
  • nathanenderle
    Options
    I stole this from someone on here, but it has been spot on for me. If the two you're doing are not jammed together, 4 pounds should be your starting point. The one I did two nights ago was buttah at 199 degrees so I would certainly be probing before it hits 200 degrees.

225 degrees: 2 hours per lb.
    250: 1 1/2 hours per lb.
    280: 1 hour per lb.
    350: 45 minutes per lb.
    Thanks! I'm putting them on tonight with the hopes that they'll be done in the morning. I was just hoping for 6-8 am instead of 3 am :)
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    1.5-2 hours/lb.  They are all different.  Start at the long end of the estimate and ftc if necessary.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nathanenderle
    Options
    Butts are on as of 10:30 :) FlameBoss200 is all set up and settling after putting the pork on. The -1 F temp outside will put the FB to it's test tonight. Plan to let the FB continue on once the pork is done to see how long a full box of lump will get me in these low temps. Really want to do a 18 hour brisket here soon but not sure how many times I'd need to add lump.

• bgebrent
    Options
    So you live in Reykjavik?  FB should take care of business unless you're @DoubleEgger.  Good luck brother!
  • nathanenderle
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    So you live in Reykjavik?  FB should take care of business unless you're @DoubleEgger.  Good luck brother!
    No, Fargo, ND. Although it feels like the North Pole or Antartica for a few months of the year.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    No, Fargo, ND. Although it feels like the North Pole or Antartica for a few months of the year.
    Man, shout out from 70 degrees Atlanta.  I cannot imagine living where you do but also admire you for living there!  My brother lives in Buffalo.  Couldn't do it.  You look like your butts will be excellent and feed a crowd!
  • nathanenderle
    Options
    It's the daughter's first birthday part tomorrow and since she doesn't have a favorite food yet, Dad thought the guests would like Pulled Pork :) I am loving my FB.