Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Metal BGE Table

I like the idea of all granite top and powder coated metal frame for low maintenance.  I also wanted racks for the grates and ash pan.  

Comments

• ryanttryantt Posts: 1,314
    That's a great work station you have there.  Did you make this or have it custom built for you?   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2
    Massillon Ohio 

• lljllj Posts: 8
    I expanded on an earlier table I had built and found to be a little too small and not as convienant.  Now being on wheels I can move it around and use it for my explorer stove too when making gumbo or ????? I am a little tight for space and this really works well for me.
  • Hawg FanHawg Fan Posts: 1,511
    I really like your design.  A well thought out project and versatile.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • GregWGregW Posts: 1,765
    An interesting concept. Easy to get the table out of the way if you ever need to do egg maintenance.
    Nice work.
    Birmingham, AL
  • What's the counter-height on that table?  It looks like it's a perfect pair with your egg!
  • TinyfishTinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Looks great.
  • ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,881
    That's a great looking table!
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
  • DfosheeDfoshee Posts: 191
    That's awesome table
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,064
    What's underneath on left? I can see grate under right, is there a slide for that to fit in?
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,381
    Tspud1 said:
    What's underneath on left? I can see grate under right, is there a slide for that to fit in?
    Looks like just some U-channel placed to hold a little ash pan.
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • Tspud1Tspud1 Posts: 1,064
    HeavyG said:
    Tspud1 said:
    Looks like just some U-channel placed to hold a little ash pan.
    I missed that in the first pictures and was looking at last picture when I made
    my comment. Guess I should have looked closer, thanks.

• blastingblasting Posts: 5,878

@llj  Not sure how I missed this, but that is one of the nicest, most practical tables I've seen.  Did you do the fab yourself?

I've got a piece of granite 2' x 4' that would just need the half moon cut out.  How big is the top, for reference.  Thanks.

Phoenix 
  • Great looking table... I am sure very versatile 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lljllj Posts: 8
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner.  I did design and built it my self, I am not a professional welder/fabricator, but I can get by.  I am going to try and post the plans I used. Thanks for all the nice comments.

• IvanhoeIvanhoe Posts: 223
    Nice concept! I like it
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE