Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ultimate Pork Loin - ready for Christmas Day

Options
So, I have seen the posts where "the wifey says 'it's too smokey, I don't like garlic, and I don't want any onions', and 'oh, you're not adding real wood are you?' blah blah blah, nag nag nag".  Well, I have prepped up the Ultimate Pork Loin and will fire it up on Christmas Day and promise to post pics and notes of the final cook.  When she told me she 'had it covered' and got a Target Honey Spiral Ham I figured now is my chance to go all out.  So, here we go:

Big Pork Loin - forget how big, 3 to 5 lbs butterflied from my butcher at Von Hanson's. Pounded flat.

Added some Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese, some fresh cut up chives. used almost two 8oz tubs, check out the sliced garlic, gonna be NASTY!, may ooze out my pores: 

Next up, cut up half a white onion, reduced it a bit with some red wine and added fresh cut up spinach which wilted nicely in the pan: 

A little layer of seasoning to the roll - sushi sure comes to mind, topped off with a little DP Shakin' the Tree: 

Rolled my own and tied it up! 

Dusted it up with some Dizzy Pig - regular grind Dizzy Dust, off to the fridge to chill til Christmas Day:

Already have some Apple Wood Chunks from Sponsel's soaking...will post the results later...who needs presents, I'm ready to fire this up! Merry Christmas to Me!! 

Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.