Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Wok for SGE???

Options
IndianaJames
IndianaJames Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just received Chubby's Gratemates for my small...great versatility, but am looking for a ceramic coated Wok with holes innit that will fit on the SGE, small diameter suitable to do shrimp and veggies. Anyone have a source?

Comments

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    No source - never heard of one.[p]Why ceramic?[p]Toy Man
  • RocketMan
    RocketMan Posts: 67
    Options
    IndianaJames,[p]ceramic is an insulator, not a conductor – you wouldn’t want to coat a wok with one for fast cooking...[p]I've seen metal woks w/holes in them (try Home depot, WallyWorld, etc), but don't know if they are small enough to fit in a small Egg...[p]- Andy
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    IndianaJames,
    Do you perhaps mean a porcelain-coated wok, like some of the Grid Toppers?[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    23MVC-012E.jpg
    <p />IndianaJames,[p]I have a small perforated grilling pan that is about 7-8" in diameter and about 3" deep that is great for veggies, shrimp, and also wonderful for meat loaf as the grease drips out of the pan. It also came with a lid but I don't know of any use for a covered pan. I don't remember for sure where I found it but maybe WallyWorld.[p]The picture shows Nature Boy's Turbo Veggies which is a great treat. [p]Dave

• Unknown
    Options
    B00008DHPD.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
    <p />IndianaJames,[p]I use a 10" SS wok on my small and it works great and for the price you cant beat it. If you buy 25 bux worth of stuff you get free shipping. I'm shure you can find another goodie or two that you need.[p]Here's the link,
    [ul][li]10[/ul]
  • katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    IndianaJames,
    If you have BJs check them out. Got a nice nonstick with flat bottom & holes that fits the small. Pretty sure it was less than 10 bucks in the seasonal area by the BBQ supplies.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    IndianaJames, you might try Kroger if you have one. The local Knoxville Kroger has one with detachable handle that fits the SGE very well for $10. Not ceramic, but the non stick variety....