Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Transition from Pizza to regular grilling

Options
Vamsi
Vamsi Posts: 3
Hello All,
I am looking to make some pizzas on my grill and then transition to grilling afterwards or vice versa. Looking to do this safely.

Also, where can I get gloves that handle up to 800 degrees plus? What is the best brand?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    It'll be a lot easier to do the pizza last or you'll be waiting forever to get the temp down. Just make sure you have enough fuel may have to add between which is no big deal as you have to heat the stone up. 
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    welding gloves home depot 

Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
     Are you really wanting to do an 800° pizza cook?  I have made a lot of pizzas and tend to stick to the 500 to 550° range. Good luck and show us some pictures and share the recipe for your dough.  All the best! 
    P.S. I would not touch or handle an 800° platesetter or pizza stone, just my two cents.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Buy a PSWoo2 where you can just take the stone in and out with the metal handles, jut got one mysed for this reason
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
     Are you really wanting to do an 800° pizza cook?  I have made a lot of pizzas and tend to stick to the 500 to 550° range. Good luck and show us some pictures and share the recipe for your dough.  All the best! 
    P.S. I would not touch or handle an 800° platesetter or pizza stone, just my two cents.
    Actually Chuck, these gloves I bought are made for steel foundry workers and were rated to like 2,300º. Trouble is there's not much flexibility!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.