Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much pork can you fit on a LBGE? How long will it take? Read on for one answer.

Options
Three shoulders, total 28 pounds, one layer on the Large.

Went Turbo.  Started around 250.  When IT reached 160, wrapped them in foil, bumped Egg up to 350.  Off the Egg and resting when IT reached 195 - 200, and probe went in like buttah.  Surprisingly, all 3 finished at the same time, even though there was a 3 pound delta between largest and smallest.  Total time on the Egg - 8 hours.  Rested on the counter for 1 hour, then pulled.  It is excellent.

Comments

• smokesniffer
    Options
    Looks awesome, that should keep you going for a while.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Looks great TJ!  Those are answers that make me hungry!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Looks great and I want a sandwich at 8:12 AM! If you had an adjustable rig, spider, pizza stone you could double that cook. Yes you read it correctly 6 butts on a large. When I turbo butts I run temp at 375 +/- and usually done in 5 hours or less. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    "Looks great and I want a sandwich at 8:12 AM! If you had an adjustable rig, spider, pizza stone you could double that cook. Yes you read it correctly 6 butts on a large. When I turbo butts I run temp at 375 +/- and usually done in 5 hours or less."

I have all of those.  Didn't need to cook any more than I did, so just kept everything on one level.  I like to start out at a lower temp - seems to get more smoke that way, though it does add to the time.  I'm in no hurry when cooking pulled pork.  I once stayed at 225 the whole time, with 30 pounds, and took 29 hours. 

stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Cool. Thanks for sharing. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming