Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cherry Wood Smoked Duck Breast

Options

One of my favorite meals to have out at a restaurant is duck breast.  I decided to visit my local butcher local butcher, the Timber Creek Market, http://www.timbercreekmarket.com, and pick up two great looking duck breasts.  I followed a recipe from the Big Green Nation App and it was a winner.

I first scored the fat side up in ¼ inch diagonal lines.  Seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper.

Preparing the Grill

• Set the BGE temperature to 325 degrees. 
    Once the grill reached 325 degrees, sprinkle a handful Cherry Wood Chips that soaked for 30 minutes in water, over the heated coals. 
  • Insert place setter and begin to cook skin side up. 
  • Cook until internal temperature reaches 125-130 for medium rare. (I used a wireless thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of the duck breast)

This recipe was very simple and the duck turned out very tender and very juicy.  Next cook I will pull the duck earlier heat up a cast iron pan and sear the skin to get an extra crispy crust, similar to a reverse sear.

Comments