Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Eats

Options
Been seeing multiple posts/recipes on here for both Meatloaf and Potatoes, especially since  @nolaegghead posted his recipe.  All I can say is wow, I will never ever make a meatloaf in the oven ever again, absolutely delicious, great smoke flavor and went great with the potatoes.  Stuffed the meatloaf with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, and  Layered the potatoes with bacon, which always makes anything taste better.  Thanks everyone for posts on here helping me with temp/time for these cooks! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Southwestern, CT

"I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

...and to eat some great Food of course

Comments

• CharleyR
    CharleyR Posts: 103
    Options
    Wished I had seen this post several hours ago, as I just did a meatloaf on my LBGE.  Turned out well, but yours looks great.  Were your potatoes done on the Egg, as well?
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • Bart1434
    Bart1434 Posts: 160
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment, first time attempting a meatloaf on the egg and it did not disappoint... I also did the potatoes on my LBGE, the egg just adds great flavor to everything. 

Southwestern, CT

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Meatloaf on the egg is a whole new experience isn't it? Yours looks great. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great job Bart!  Looks great.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Outstanding Bart!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Bart1434
    Options
    Thanks guys, I can't believe I have been missing out all these years. 

Southwestern, CT

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Oh man, I had cheap mexican food tonight and you're making me regret it
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Bart1434
    Options
    Ps @JohnnyTarheel u from NC? I'm a huge tarheel fan, played travel baseball with Harvey.. Try to get to at least 1 UNC game a year being from CT is tough. Going to game against UCLA this year! 

Southwestern, CT

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    You're right, really good eats!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Will be stealing this idea.
  • Bart1434
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The recipe was simple, mixed it up like an Italian meatloaf, used half beef, half ground pork mixture, mixed with 1 egg, Italian panko, parm cheese, garlic, s&p toss in any seasonings you like mix then press a hole down middle, add cheese/pepperoni and reform then the easy part is the cook on the egg 

Southwestern, CT

• rmercier
    rmercier Posts: 212
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Soooo, what was your temp and time for the loaf? and how many pounds?
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I'm just now seeing your cook. Nice job. Out of everything I cook. My meatloaf is my brothers favorite. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Bart1434
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @rmercier the temp was 350 grate level temp, cooked about 1-1.5 hours until the IT reached 160.. Came out great, very moist and extremely flavorful.. In total it was around 2lbs of a mixture of ground pork and beef.. Will totally add to my list of regular cooks.

If you're planning to cook one good luck and post some pics ! 

Southwestern, CT

• rmercier
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @Bart1434 I'm cooking one tomorrow! Did you do direct or indirect?
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • Bart1434
    Options
    @rmercier I did indirect and kept it in a shallow foil pan to collect the pan drippings, turned out to be a great idea, turned the drippings into a delicious gravy/sauce which was packed with flavor.

Southwestern, CT

• rmercier
    Options
    @Bart1434 how did you make the gravy? I need details please. Thanks
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • Bart1434
    Options
    @rmercier took the drippings collected in the foil pan, added about an inch thick cut of butter, melted it then added some flour and about a cup of beef stock (can store brand) and whisked together until it was the consistency I liked, just added salt and pepper to taste..slowly add the flour and cook out the flour taste, keep adding until it looks good to your liking. If you want a creamier gravy you could add some milk as well

this is all making me super hungry, I'm down in Disney and away from my egg!

Southwestern, CT