Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGG to the rescue

Options
Last night I had planned on using the gasser for a quick skirt steak cook. I figured it wasn't worth firing up the egg for a 10 minute max cook. While warming up the webber I ran out of propane. My spare was empty as well. Quickly I fired up my LBGE and within 15 mins it was 500F. I threw the steaks on and about 10 minutes later I pulled them and set them aside to rest for a few. My wife, who is skeptical of the benefits of the Egg vs the gasser, asked what I had done differently with the meat. I told her about the cooking situation and she admitted that even the skirt steaks were better on the Egg. Slowly she is coming around. In her defense she has let buy the LBGE and the MiniMax. 
1 LBGE, 1 Mini Max, 48"x36" offset reverse flow, Webber gasser
Walnut Creek, Ca

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Funny how people get converted. Even my wife who doesn't like "smoke" admits things just go better
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • chadpsualum
    Options
    This is the first year I've had my LBGE and when we were talking about it yesterday my wife said that she's really happy we got it.  That's a far cry from where we were in April when I was convincing her of dropping that much money on a "grill".
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE