Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fun hotdog topping ideas

Options
13»

Comments

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Sure, there's no problem with putting ketchup on a hot dog.  My 5 year old does it all the time...   :lol:    I kid, surely I kid.

One of my favorite hot dog toppings is sauteed onions, like you get off a hot dog cart in NYC.  Usually I'll sautee some onions, and then when they are translucent I'll mix in some ketchup and hot sauce to give it more of the sauce theme, but I'm sure you could mix it with anything red.  Then just keep it warm.  
    (yeah, that's right, I said ketchup...but it's with onions and hot sauce, so it's allowed. :lol: )
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    These were among the best I've ever had... Pearl 1/4 pound all beef franks with leftover pulled pork, Gulden's spicy brown mustard, onion and La Bomba hot antipasto spread. On oversize split top buns, buttered and grilled.

Good looking sandwich!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Botch said:

I resisted the classic Chicago hot dog for a couple trips, but once I tried one they became a favorite (usually from Portillos).  Onion, small peppers, tomato, nuclear-green relish, cucumber slice, celery salt and a dill pickle (I may be forgetting something).  Odd, but delicious.  
    Now that my friends is a Hot Dog! Thanks Botch. Go Bears!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...dragged through the garden.
    Options
    Anyone ever tried a sonoran hot dog? Bacon wrapped hot dog with beans (pintos, I think) pico de gallo, mustard and usually either crema or a really creamy guacamole. It's pretty damn fantastic.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    lewisj82 said:
    Anyone ever tried a sonoran hot dog? Bacon wrapped hot dog with beans (pintos, I think) pico de gallo, mustard and usually either crema or a really creamy guacamole. It's pretty damn fantastic.
    how could that not be good, a bean sandwich with a bacon wrapped hot dog topping, im all over that, this weekend

Sonoran-HD

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    It's awesome, give it a try. If I'm doing bacon wrapped hot dogs I like to put some jalapeno in between the bacon and the hot dog. 

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby