Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dutch oven butternut squash soup.

Options
First real application with the dutch in the egg. I had a lot fun. Put the dutch really close to the lump. All the dampers were open to the millimetre. Sautéed onion, celery and garlic. Added roasted butt squash with a little water. After an hour added cumin and chilli flake. Waited another 30 min. Took top off of dutch and added a little hickory, just a touch. Turned out great. 

Comments

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    nice

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks great. I just did the same last weekend. Once finished I pulled it, used the immersion blender to blend smooth and then added some heavy cream to make it creamier. Came out fantastic and will do again. Also freezes well so a nice dinner when in a pinch. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013