Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hanging Chicken Legs

Options
Digging through boxes in the garage trying to find skewers the other day, I came across my chicken rack. Decided to bust it out last night. Running low on some store bought rubs, I mixed a few together and sprinkled them on the chicken and threw them on the Egg along with some cherry wood. Simple meal with some corn on the cob and a salad, but still good. Forgot to get finished pics. :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder - I haven't used my leg rack in years - gotta do that soon!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Great for space saving room. I've got two and they easily fit on the large, but I don't think I've ever used two on the Egg at the same time.

I also found my wok. Its in a sad state. I think I'm gonna have to really clean it and reseason it. Rusted bad now after sitting more than a year.

Rowlett, Texas

• GuitarEC
    GuitarEC Posts: 122
    Options
    I've been looking to get a couple of these as well - I'm a fool for drumsticks and wings.  Looking at the wire-type like @RRP has pictured - you can hang full wings from those hooking the tips under that center wire bit.

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Metro Atl., Ga.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    @GuitarEC - with a little strategic hanging you can get much more than 6 wangs :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GuitarEC
    GuitarEC Posts: 122
    Options
    @SmokeyPitt - Yea, the picture I posted showed you can hang up to 12 per rack.  I figure 2 racks, one for wings, one for drumsticks should do well for Sunday Football get-togethers with friends about the 55"...

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Metro Atl., Ga.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    GuitarEC said:
    @SmokeyPitt - Yea, the picture I posted showed you can hang up to 12 per rack.  I figure 2 racks, one for wings, one for drumsticks should do well for Sunday Football get-togethers with friends about the 55"...

Eric "GuitarEC"
    Metro Atl., Ga.
    Derp...my bad.  I thought that was just 6 wings. Old eyes on the phone.  Now that I see in on the computer monitor the rack in your pic is slick with the place to hold the wing tips. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I've never bothered to try and hang wings off mine. I'm sure somehow that's what the holes are for.

Rowlett, Texas