Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling Cart for MiniMax

Options
Hey guys and gals!

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I recently got the MiniMax and officially became an Egghead.  I'll be replacing my Akorn with a Large Green Egg in the spring.  Should have spent the money and got the Large BGE in the first place. 

I've only used the MM a couple of times so far, but I'm loving it.  Can't wait to take it camping.  I wanted to build a small utility cart for it and ended up building a full size monstrosity grilling cart as seen below.  Before you ask, there will be a garbage bin under the hole that can just drop the trash through instead of having to pull it out.  Don't have a picture with the MiniMax on it yet because I'm waiting for the Spar urethane to fully dry for 72 hours, although I did add the hardware yesterday (magnetic bottle opener, handle and hooks).

I had some leftover wood, so I figured I'd build a small table for my 7 year old son to learn how to grill with the MiniMax.  I know it doesn't look like it, but it's really sturdy and can hold a lot of weight.  The top is made of 3/4" thick plywood that was leftover from another project.  It's also perfect for me to grill while sitting down on the back patio, lol...

Thanks for looking.  Any constructive feedback would be welcomed.  Thinking about adding another piece of wood to bring the handle out further.  Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.

Comments