Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame boss 100

Options
g37
g37 Posts: 450
edited October 2015 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking  about  getting 1.  R there any negative  reasons y i shouldn't  get 1?  
Ewa Beach, Hawaii

Comments

• volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I have the original flameboss, and it works well, but I wish I had waited & gotten the 200 for the wifi access. Wish they had an upgrade program. :bawling: 
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    Love my FB100.  Only downside is its not a FB200.

Its been pretty much idiot proof.  Works great on my medium and XL.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Might want to wait for the FB300...it will have multi probes. Ha Ha
    I have the 200 and it's great...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • g37
    Options
    Thanks, 4 the great responses. With  the up coming  holidays, it might come in handy when  I'm  at work.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I really think the extra money spent on the 200 over 100 is money well spent. Even being able to set all the temps and alarms from your iPad or phone is nice compared to toggling through the menus on the unit.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • g37
    Options
    I would love to get the wifi version but I found a good deal on the 100.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii