Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover rib clay pot rice

I was in the mood to experiment tonight. I took the meat off of some spareribs I cooked Saturday plus a bit of dried sausage.  Chopped up a bit of bell pepper and green onion. I made a sauce of 2 Tbs light soy, 2/3 Tbs dark soy, 1Tbs oyster sauce, and some chili garlic paste.

I put 1 cup rice & 2 cups of water on to boil. I'm cooking over lump in my outdoor stove just because that's fun for me.

After about 12 minutes I had a good hard boil going and water was being absorbed, so I added the meat and pepper to steam. I removed a few pieces of lump and closed the vents to lower the heat some. 

After about twenty minutes you can hear that the water isn't boiling anymore and the rice becomes very aromatic. I'm trying to learn the sweet spot for when to take it off the heat so that I get that nice toasted bottom - still working on that. I brought the rice in and added the sauce and green onions, closed the lid and let it sit a few minutes before stirring it all up.

I thought it turned out well. I didn't toast the rice enough but it was tender and flavorful. All in all a fun cook and a different way to heat leftovers.  Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments