Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Red Wings

Options
@RRP Quick question. I am about to cook up some GRW and I wanted to know if you pulled them out and wiped them off prior to putting them on the egg? Thanks
XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Do not wipe off! I just pour the liquid off and then place the wet wings on the grate. If you haven't already I really recommend covering your PS with foil as this marinade drips off and really gets ugly and crusty when hot and burnt! Good luck!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • byrne092
    Options
    Thanks for the info Ron! Looking forward to trying these bad boys out.

St. Louis, MO
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Can't wait to see the finished product !
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    These are really good wings!
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Man these were good! Sprinkled with some habanero death dust. They were fall of the bone tender and had a nice little kick! Thanks for the recipe @RRP

St. Louis, MO
  • RRP
    Options
    GREAT!!! Thanks for the feedback! I know the recipe rocks, but sometimes some folks cut corners on soaking time and the marinade mix. 
  • byrne092
    Options
    RRP said:
    GREAT!!! Thanks for the feedback! I know the recipe rocks, but sometimes some folks cut corners on soaking time and the marinade mix. 
    Yep I followed it to a T other than one small detail. We had regular V8 so we just added some Tabasco to compensate. Not sure if it would change the flavor much but regardless they were awesome. 

St. Louis, MO
  • RRP
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    RRP said:
    Yep I followed it to a T other than one small detail. We had regular V8 so we just added some Tabasco to compensate. Not sure if it would change the flavor much but regardless they were awesome. 
    That tiny change is what I call a minor tweak. What I really meant are those folks who skip the full 54 hour soak and just go 8 or even 24 hours and then say "what's the big deal? Trust me I'm GLAD you liked them! 
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @RRP, this is so great because I have a bottle of Spicy V-8 that I got just before my accident, and when I noticed it on the shelf recently I'd forgotten what it was for. I knew if I waited long enough something would emerge. It was for the GRW I was going to make!
    Judy in San Diego