Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short notice cook brewing

Options
McStew
McStew Posts: 965
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
I got a call yesterday AM that one of my best friends from Michigan was in town.  Needless to say they coordinated dinner to be at my house tonight.  Plans went into action, ideas popped into my head, phone calls and text messages went out to a fellow egghead and the plan was set. Thanks @NPHuskerFL !  A late night run to the store produced 5 whole chickens.  I began the prep last night and they are currently in a brine bath now.  Just one problem one the the birds is still as hard as a rock.  So I might just go with 4 birds now, if it is not ready by the time I get home today.  More to come later today! Guest arrive @7PM and I wont be home from work until about 5PM and I still need to grab more beer.   :o

The rub I am going with is THE RUB COMPANY Santa Maria however I doctor it up a bit by splitting the bottle and adding black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and a couple of other spices I cant remember at this time but the recipe is at home. 

Hermosa Beach CA 

Comments