Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Painting the egg

Options
I recently purchased an xl used green egg from my buddy.  There is an area that is pretty good size that has chipped off at some point.  Purchased touch up paint but that won't be near enough.  Can you get the paint in quart size and if so where?  

Has anyone ever covered chipped off spots before? 

Thanks 
Turk68

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    the egg is not painted, it is ceramic glaze (glass, for all intents and purposes).  I believe BGE does sell touch up paint, but the egg itself is not painted.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Contact BGE direct. They sent me a little bottle that worked great.

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• jimithing
    Options
    I have used this on a really old Kamado.  It might not have even been an egg.  But it was green like an egg and needed a touch up from sitting outside for so long.   The Kamado soaked up this paint.  So much that I had to put 2 or 3 light coats to make it look painted.  But this particular Kamado was clay, not ceramic.  I'm not sure how it'll work on ceramic but the color should be pretty close.

http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7752830-Enamel-Spray-12-Ounce/dp/B00166QR3G

XL BGE
    Plano, TX