Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket, it's a sprinter

Options
I made my first attempt at brisket tonight on my LBGE. I filled to the fire ring with Rockwood and set my Flameboss for 250 degrees. Once the grill stabilized I put the meat on at about 8:30 PM. It was a whole prime brisket from Costco. It was pretty narrow, but it was the last one. 

My experience previously was with pork butts and their inevitable stalls. I was expecting this one to go to about noon today. Well, low and behold the meat alarm at 5:15 AM! I pulled it off the egg and put it in the oven in foil. There was no plateau, just a steady rise in temp straight to 200 degrees. Of course, I don't need to eat it until this afternoon!!!!!

The meat was very tender and "buttery" as I probed it. The bark is pretty good (maybe too good), and the piece(s) I tried were like candy. We'll see how she is warmed up later.

Comments